Welcome!

Has anyone lately said something unexpected, "You look good today! I appreciate you because....., You have inspired me, I am proud of you... etc, etc". These things are Verbal Hugs.... something a friend, family member or even a stranger randomly says to you that makes you smile, feel warm, comforted, happy, even at peace! Verbal Hugs are powerful! They can change how someone views their day! You can go from feeling like the world is out to get you... to being hopeful or at the very least optimistic!  So I ask you.... have you given someone or yourself a Verbal Hug today?

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Let the Sunshine in!




It's Thursday-- I am sitting at Starbucks, drinking a very yummy, ice mocha frappuccino and a Chocolate Chip scone!   I just finished working with Mary Lou at MPA putting gift certificates on wine bottles for the MPA gala.  Today, I guess I got as close as I am going to get in touch with my inner Martha Stewart, I color coordinated envelopes, and ribbons to the wine bottles and then curled the ribbons! Turned out very festive (if I do say so myself) but Mary Lou and I had a few good laughs over me learning the 'process' of doing it! (yes, there is a process LOL).  By the end I think me and Martha were buds (LOL), at least for an hour or two, I don't see ribbons and bows around my house anytime soon! Last week I helped with baskets---I draw the line at cooking though! If they ask me to cook or bake I am out of there! LOLOL


Hmm, my thought for today is "Let the Sunshine in" you know,


So let the sun shine in
face it with a grin.
Smilers never lose
and frowners never win.
So le the sun shine in
face it with a grin
Open up your heart and let the sun shine in. 



 Do you remember when Pebbles and Bamm Bamm sang it? You know the Flinstones, well thanks to Youtube-- I got it.
Pebbles and Bamm Bamm 



That was the first popped into my head this morning when I sat down to blog!  I am trying to get in touch with my positive side!  Allowing myself to be happy! I know this should be a given but I am quite a Ebenezeer Scrooge when it comes to doling out the happy vibes and expression of joy.  It is like I have to counter balance it with feelings of guilt! Weird I know but I am "in progress" mode!   So, today I am "Letting the Sunshine in". All happy thoughts! 
Things that have brought me joy in the last 24 hours!


I went to CVS yesterday and I had a coupon that if I brought in a new prescription I would get a 25 gift card! Well, my co-pay on the prescription was $1.05 and I got 25.00 gift card! I was like a kid in the candy store! I went shopping around CVS with a big smile on my face! I also had a $2.00 coupon and I checked out in my cute green CVS bag with the great handle ( I recommend it if you need a new recyclable bag! ).  My mouthwash! (ooh the tingly sensation!), my cats (Quincy the pillow hog!), I got some new music (Lady GaGa, that song Hey Soul Sister), working with Mary Lou this morning! Oh and my 3 hour trip to the dentist to get the builld-up on my tooth and my temporary crown! The dentist and her assistant were so nice! They numbed me good so it wasn't painful! Only 1 more visit to get my crown and the whole "I broke my tooth eating carmel popcorn" incident will be over!  I read a good book--it was a romance novel but it made me laugh! Talking to my sister Lisa, she told me that William is very particular with the toy Kitchen I got for Christmas and when he came home from his Dad's it wasn't in the right location and he moved it back to where it needed to be! She told me all of the stuff he likes to "cook" in his kitchen--it made me cry it was so sweet!  I definitely need to get him a shopping cart and some fake food! I wish they had it at Kohls online I have a 30 % coupon this week and nothing to BUY!  Crazy! Crazy, Crazy!  I found out that I can trade in my DS game that I don't like for 15.00 in store credit---so I am thinking about buying a used copy of the Price is Right, I really wanted Word Whomp but I didn't see that one! I love my DSi.  I am still working on my Bejeweled game!  


Hmm, that is all I can think of in the last 24 hours! I was in a really good mood yesterday and I am in a good mood today! (thankfully!).  I have so many things to be grateful for! I am truly blessed! Well, time to go write in my LiveJournal account--affirmations, gratitudes, prayers for today! 


Happy Thursday! I hope you all "Let the Sun Shine in" today! 

No comments:

Post a Comment