Welcome!

Has anyone lately said something unexpected, "You look good today! I appreciate you because....., You have inspired me, I am proud of you... etc, etc". These things are Verbal Hugs.... something a friend, family member or even a stranger randomly says to you that makes you smile, feel warm, comforted, happy, even at peace! Verbal Hugs are powerful! They can change how someone views their day! You can go from feeling like the world is out to get you... to being hopeful or at the very least optimistic!  So I ask you.... have you given someone or yourself a Verbal Hug today?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The best day of your life is the one.......

“The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours - it is an amazing journey - and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins.”

 Bob Moawad quotes

I found this quote and it speaks to me.... it says everything that I have been trying to wrestle with in my mind--how do I get from here to there? How do I move beyond my depression, my fears, my overeating? How do I become happy? How do I start to live and take control of my life rather than feeling like it is controlling me? It is simple--it is a decision, a choice, a desire that my life is my own and I am going to live it in such a way that makes me happy, brings me spiritual and emotional joy! The wisest part of the message--is that it can start today, this minute, this second---if I choose to make it happen! That is the key--it is my choice! 

Today, I am making that choice to be assertive in my life instead of passive! To live life instead of walking around in a fog waiting for things to 'magically happen'.

Today, yes today the real work begins

No comments:

Post a Comment