Welcome!

Has anyone lately said something unexpected, "You look good today! I appreciate you because....., You have inspired me, I am proud of you... etc, etc". These things are Verbal Hugs.... something a friend, family member or even a stranger randomly says to you that makes you smile, feel warm, comforted, happy, even at peace! Verbal Hugs are powerful! They can change how someone views their day! You can go from feeling like the world is out to get you... to being hopeful or at the very least optimistic!  So I ask you.... have you given someone or yourself a Verbal Hug today?

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

January 19th Verbal Hug

Happy Tuesday!

It is beautiful outside! Hmm, you think not? Think again! You have so many things to be grateful and happy about!

Weather not perfect? Is it rainy, cold or overcast? So what!!!! Inside you are sunny aren't you? Can you think of one thing in nature that you find beauty in? The other day, I saw this beautiful cardinal in a tree outside the church window when I was visiting my Pastor. It was the reddest cardinal I have ever seen! The day was cold and cloudy but here was this bird--it made me smile!  So when you go out today--can't you find something in nature that brings you a smile or joy?

Hmm.... today what are you grateful for?

 I know I have a lot to be grateful for--let's see! Life-I am breathing, walking, talking, writing, even blogging! I have a home, food, shelter and enough money to pay for bills. These are gifts--because not everyone has them! So, don't take them for granted! On Sunday, I went and fed breakfast to the homeless... this was a first for me (one of many I hope) ... so yeah, I don't take breakfast for granted either!

Here is your verbal hug for today!

You are a warm caring person, you have dreams, you have gifts and talents! So start to share them.... start by doing something simple.  Tell you partner/husband and wife you love them!
Get (or better yet) make an "I love you just because..." card. Hold the door open for someone. Say, "Hi" to an elderly person at the store! Tell someone they look good today (sincerely :0) )
When driving.... let someone in front of you who ignored the sign to get over because the lane was closed instead of #@$#@$#$ them out! ( I know this is a tough one--it gets me every time).

Oh by the way, I read the book Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom--Great Read, if you haven't read it, it really helped me put my life in perspective.  Life isn't about "Things", it is about love, people, doing things you enjoy, embracing the simple things and giving back to your community.

Peace...CJ/


No comments:

Post a Comment