Welcome!

Has anyone lately said something unexpected, "You look good today! I appreciate you because....., You have inspired me, I am proud of you... etc, etc". These things are Verbal Hugs.... something a friend, family member or even a stranger randomly says to you that makes you smile, feel warm, comforted, happy, even at peace! Verbal Hugs are powerful! They can change how someone views their day! You can go from feeling like the world is out to get you... to being hopeful or at the very least optimistic!  So I ask you.... have you given someone or yourself a Verbal Hug today?

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Happy Wednesday! Are you smiling yet?

I woke up this morning anxious and in a cold sweat! Not exactly sure why, sometimes that just happens! I exercised 10 minutes and then I was so edgy, I got off the treadmill. This may sound like the start of a bad day--but it is not! I am starting to calm down by focusing on something else! I am making a choice to focus on things that are positive... because I know if I think, "Today's going to suck, it will". I know that I will look at the rainy overcast sky and think what a dreary day--everything about today with be negative! I can almost guarantee you that I will hit traffic I will probably say the #$#@$#$ words and start becoming overly anxious about being late (something I hate!!!). Then I know I will feel like I am late all day....and this will make my day "crappy". However, I am not going to do that, I am going to be positive and grateful for what I have! So, I only exercised 10 minutes---it was ten minutes more than I did in the last 3 weeks! If I hit traffic--no amount of cursing is going to make the traffic move--so I will pick a peppy tune on my IPOD and do a little dance (I am into the Black Eyed Peas at the moment!--Yeah, I know me and the Black Eyed Peas--whoda thunk it? LOL!).


So, if you are having a rough start to the morning, boss is getting on your last nerve, your cube-mate is talking on the phone and getting NO work done and you resent them! You have a zillion things to do today and you don't know if you get them done! Stop, take a deep breathe, even take a 5 minute mini-walk to refocus! Then remember, you can't change anyone but you--people are crazy, rude and at times annoying. The only thing you can control is your reaction to them! People don't make you mad, you react that way--believe it or not that is your choice to act that way! ( I know, I know that sounds crazy) but it is true!). Also, people know how to push your buttons--and they like to do it, especially if they get a rise out of you! So today--don't do it! If they criticize you--say, Thank you for the feedback, I never thought about it like that, I will have to think about what you said! If that doesn't make them stop they might be a little unhinged! I mean--you just agreed with them (to a point) what else can they complain about?

Hmm.....time for a verbal hug. Do you know that no other person is exactly like you? You are special! Even though people may have the same interests... they are not you, they do not have the same thoughts, desires, wishes, talents, gifts and dreams... this makes YOU unique and special! Have you told yourself you are special lately? Have you treated yourself special lately? Did you answer NO? Why the heck not? You are special aren't you? Here are some ideas to treat the most special person in your life (by the way that is YOU!). Take a bath, read a book, make your favorite meal! Treat yourself to your favorite movie (even if you have watched it a zillion and 1 times). Dance around the house to your favorite song! (shut the curtains if you are worrying about your neighbors--or you can say Who cares I am special!) Get a massage, meditate, do yoga! Whatever it is that you enjoy just for yourself! Because, if you don't love yourself, if you don't respect and treat yourself like you are special, and worthy of being taken care of....then who else is going to do it for you?

Gotta go.....if I don't bust a move, I am going to be late....

Happy Wednesday!!!!

Peace,

Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment