Welcome!

Has anyone lately said something unexpected, "You look good today! I appreciate you because....., You have inspired me, I am proud of you... etc, etc". These things are Verbal Hugs.... something a friend, family member or even a stranger randomly says to you that makes you smile, feel warm, comforted, happy, even at peace! Verbal Hugs are powerful! They can change how someone views their day! You can go from feeling like the world is out to get you... to being hopeful or at the very least optimistic!  So I ask you.... have you given someone or yourself a Verbal Hug today?

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Where is my Faith?


It is Sunday and in an 1 hour and a half I will be in church listening to Pastor Betsy's sermon and trying to strengthen my relationship with God.  My relationship with God is a perplexing one--I believe in a Higher Power! I believe that someone has protected and guided me through the dark hours of my life! I believe that same entity has brought people into my life to help me heal and become happy! I believe all of these things! But it took me a long time to realize there was a missing component--my faith! The people, God's strength, the support--they were there all of the time for me to embrace, if only I would have been open to it! If only I would have stopped beating myself up with the negative thoughts and self-hatred!
Yes, I now admit that is what it was--so much anger, unhappiness and misery for myself--self-hatred! I deliberately looked at my faults--ignored my strengths and I shut out God! The hand that was beckoning me out of the darkness of pain, loniliess and fear, I shoved away! I railed at myself--How could this be happening to me! I blamed God, the world, family, friends, my job for shutting myself off from life!  But hindsight is a wonderful thing-- just I as I shut the door on my faith...I can open it again! Which is what I am doing! Everyday, I am amazed about how my faith is growing in all directions and in the most unexpected places!  People, oppurtunies and positive experiences are now coming into my life! I have changed my attitude, become open to the unexpected and more than anything I believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment