Welcome!

Has anyone lately said something unexpected, "You look good today! I appreciate you because....., You have inspired me, I am proud of you... etc, etc". These things are Verbal Hugs.... something a friend, family member or even a stranger randomly says to you that makes you smile, feel warm, comforted, happy, even at peace! Verbal Hugs are powerful! They can change how someone views their day! You can go from feeling like the world is out to get you... to being hopeful or at the very least optimistic!  So I ask you.... have you given someone or yourself a Verbal Hug today?

Thursday, January 28, 2010

Live in the Moment




Picture from:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/herefordandworcester/content/images/2007/09/28/sunrise_01_406x304.jpg

Quotes:
If you have one eye on yesterday, and one eye on tomorrow, you're going to be cockeyed today. Anonymous

You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest that it leaves your arms too full to embrace the present.
Jan Glidewell 


If you are still talking about what you did yesterday, you haven't done much today.Anonymous  

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My thoughts have been all over the place these last few days! I can honestly say I have felt like I am unraveling! I have cried, I have eaten ALOT for comfort, to feel "FULL" when I feel empty inside! I have been overwhelmed with NEGATIVE thoughts, so much that you couldn't find a positive one through the Negativity Thunderstorm in my head! It has been crazy--and for a lady who at times has felt crazy out of control because of her depression the last few days have been awful!  Yesterday, I found out was my last day of Out-patient therapy, I didn't know it was coming! I thought I had one more day!  In the middle of a session the one nurse who does the 'paperwork' put a clipboard in front of my face and said fill this out, today is your last day! Talk about compassion! The doctor was there that day, he saw everyone but me! I hadn't seen him in a week, but he didn't bother to see me before saying--'discharged'.  I suppose when the insurance says "Time's up" they just shut that mental door!  It wasn't all that bad the one therapist did come and talk to me (since she knew I was having a bad day) and said I could come back tomorrow if I needed it! But I figured I should just cut the umbilical cord now! 
The rest of the day was filled with overeating (I ate 4 donuts) and feeling sorry for myself! 
    
Past was yesterday--guess what I can't change it! It was what it was--tomorrow will be what it is going to be! Today, I am going to practice living in the present! I have spent the last 15 or so minutes googling for "Present Moment" pictures and I have explored some interesting websites, a gal has to love google--you can learn so much just by putting in a few words!   What I learned about living in the present was that most people are thinking about the future (or the past) that they forget to enjoy today--what they are doing this instant! Living in the moment is letting go of the "chatter" in our head to focus on what you are doing now! That through meditation, mindfulness and the will to not focus on worrying about tomorrow--people can be happy enjoying today!  I think of the classic one--you can't wait to go on vacation, only to get there and worry so much about how hard you are going to have to work when you get back, you forget to enjoy the sunshine on the beach, the sand between your toes, the beauty of a seashell that has washed up to shore! That is Living in the NOW! Something that I am going to do today!  Challenge--do one thing for yourself--if your thoughts interrupt--say not now--this is my time! 
I found a few websites I so I will share:


1. Live-in-the-Moment

2. the-art-now-six-steps-living-in-the-moment 
3. Be the Changes you want to see in yourself


Peace, Christine

No comments:

Post a Comment